Contact Us To Learn More About Certified Dental Assisting Careers!
A Top Quality Dental Assistant Education at NYSMDA.
Call Us Anytime: 718-793-2330.
The New York School Teaches You
- Dental Anatomy, Physiology and Terminology You Learn: Spelling & definition of commonly used words; Anatomy & Physiology of the head, neck, mouth & tooth; oral health, pathology, preventive dentistry and more... ------
- Dental Charting You Learn: Manual & electronic methods commonly used to develop & maintain dental patient record and more...... ------
- Dental Office Emergencies You Learn: Obtain & record patient medical & dental history; take & record vital signs; first aid; adult & child CPR/AED and more… ------
- Infection Control You Learn: Dental asepsis & sterilization techniques; prepare, package and sterilize all dental instruments, hand pieces, dispose of dental waste and more...------
- Operatory Procedures & Chairside Assisting You Learn: Manage patient before, during & after treatment; suctioning; maintain & operate dental equipment; transfer instruments & materials to the dentist or hygienist; pour casts & study models; assist during all patient care activities; maintain a supply & equipment inventory; prepare & load syringes for anesthesia and more... ------
- Dental X-Ray You Learn:Take, process, mount & duplicate dental x-rays and more... ------
- Word Processing, Keyboarding & Dental Office Management You Learn:Office applications; keyboarding; document production, office operations; reception; respond to patient inquires; schedule & coordinate appointments; monitor patient flow; manage patient recall system; communicate with dental laboratories; order supplies; insurance; billing, bookkeeping and more… ------